Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Plastics to Bacteria [Withdrawn 2002]
This test method is comprised of two different procedures.
- In Procedure A, test pieces are placed on the surface of a nutrient-salts agar that has been inoculated with test organism Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC #13388. The test is incubated and examined for visual effects after 21 days.
- In Procedure B, the test piece is placed onto the surface of the seeded nutrient-salts agar. Then more of the seeded agar is placed on top of sample to completely cover it with the inoculated agar. The samples are then incubated as done in Procedure A.
- Procedure B provides a more intimate contact between the specimen when the geometry of the specimens is such that there is not sufficient contact between the specimen and the agar surface.
Results are reported on visible growth.
- Section 10.2 in the test method, Effect on Physical, Optical, or Electrical Properties, is not performed.
- This test method has been withdrawn without replacement from ASTM, but if you wish to have this run, MicroStar Lab can still perform it for you.