Fungal Test - MIL-STD-810 Method 508.8 Fungus
Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Fungi
This test evaluates the extent materiel will support fungal growth and how that growth may affect performance or use of the materiel.
- The surface of the test pieces are sprayed with a fine mist of the fungal spore mixture, and then incubated for 28 days or longer.
- Both U.S. and European strains of fungi are available for testing.
- Test witnesses are always welcome at MicroStar Lab to verify test setup and/or final evaluations.
- MicroStar Lab has test chambers that accommodate versions that require diurnal temperature and relative humidity cycles.
- MicroStar Lab can accommodate larger test items in our 4’x 4’ x 4’ environmental chamber.
- MicroStar Lab performs the following versions:
- MIL-STD-810H Method 508.8
- MIL-STD-810G1 Method 508.7
- MIL-STD-810G Method 508.6
- MIL-STD-810F Method 508.5
- MIL-STD-810E Method 508.4
- MIL-STD-810D Method 508.3
- MIL-STD-810C Method 508.2
MicroStar Lab is knowledgeable about and has performed other military fungus tests other than the 810. Many directly reference the 810. Call the lab for more information.
ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 accredited by A2LA